Monday, April 25, 2011

Weeks 12 & 13

My time here in Rome is winding down and I am starting to realize how much Rome has changed my perception on the field of architecture, as well as, the impact it has placed on my life.  I feel grateful for having this experience and will never forget the memories.

For my last weekend here, I decided to take a trip to Barcelona.  I enjoyed the trip but was somewhat dissapointed with the lack of architecture.  The designs are much too colorful and artistic for my taste and, after talking to the students there, they could not really speak highly of the architecture there.  The sites I did visit were intruiging and a nice change of pace from the classical forms of Rome.  Below are pictures from the Barcelona Pavilion by Mies Van der Rohe, Park Cuell, and Tibidabo.













No comments:

Post a Comment